- Imee Marcos is among the honorable government officials in Duterte’s list
- Nine other governors are part of the list
- The list is the counterpart list of Duterte’s list of government officials involved in drugs
The eldest daughter of the late President Ferdinand Marcos, Imee Marcos, is part of President Rodrigo Duterte’s list of laudable public officials in his anti-narcotics campaign.
The Ilocos Norte governor is among the 10 governors who made it to the last assessment of who will be included in the so-called honor list – the positive counterpart of the list of government officials involved in drugs reported earlier.
Inquirer in its exclusive story said that the following governors join Marcos in the list they personally obtained:
- Faustino Dy III – Isabela
- Junie Cua – Quirino
- Jose Alvarez – Palawan
- Eduardo Firmalo – Romblon
- Alfredo Marañon – Negros Occidental
- Edgardo Chatto – Bohol
- Hilario Davide III – Cebu
- Daisy Avance-Fuentes – South Cotabato
- Ma. Angelica Rosedell Amante-Matba – Agusan del Norte
“As we utmostly condemn the alleged narcopoliticians, we should also be celebrating these provincial chief executives for showing exemplary management prowess and strong character in thwarting illegal drugs in their territory,” the story quoted Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar.
The criteria considered in choosing the members of the list are record in social protection, disaster preparedness and relationship with business, among others. Media reports about these officials are also reviewed.
“Any hint or rumor regarding drugs or illegal gambling links were considered,” said the interior department.
The DILG also prohibited members of political dynasty to be part of the list.
“[T]he notion [is] that they control much of what is going on around them in their locality. Any information deemed detrimental to their image might be suppressed,” it said.
However, Marcos and Dy are both members of strong political families.