- Law enforcement officials are scrutinizing Prince’s doctors if they have crossed the legal line by issuing prescriptions for their patient
- The singer was found unresponsive in an elevator at his Paisley Park hone in Chanhassen, Minnesota on April 21
- He died from a ‘self-administered Fentanyl overdose’
Investigation heats up following the death of Prince who died in April from a “self-administered Fentanyl overdose,” as law enforcement officials are scrutinizing the singer’s doctors–Dr. Michael Schulenberg and renowned addiction specialist Dr. Howard Kornfeld– to determine if they have crossed the legal line by issuing prescriptions for their patient.
As such, the FBI, the DEA and the Carver County District Attorney’s Office are trying to discover how the singer acquired the opioid, which has a high risk for addiction and dependence, an article written by Katy Forrester which was published on Mirror stated.
The 57-year-old singer, whose full name was Prince Rogers Nelson, was found unresponsive in an elevator at his Paisley Park home in Chanhassen, Minnesota last April 21.
Earlier reports claimed that Prince had been addicted to the painkiller Percocet for years because of problems with his hips.
Prince – who had used a cane to help him get around for many years – was then advised to have a double hip replacement. Allegedly, he turned it down on numerous occasions as he was worried it would require a blood transfusion, which contradicts his beliefs as a Jehovah’s Witness.
His primary physician Dr. Schulenberg was at Prince’s home when his body was found, and says it was in order to give him some test results.
On the other hand, Dr. Kornfeld, a national authority on opioid addiction treatment, had been approached by Prince’s team for an arranged meeting with the singer to reportedly discuss about his addiction to painkillers. However, the doctor could not leave California immediately and sent his son Andrew ahead of him.
Purportedly, when Andrew arrived at Prince’s Paisley Park estate on April 21, the singer was nowhere to be found and he and two of the star’s employees eventually found him (Prince) unresponsive in an elevator.
Kornfeld’s lawyer, William Mauzy, disclosed that Andrew said the employees screamed when they found Prince and were too shocked to even call 911. He (Andrew) then phoned for an ambulance.