- MMDA identified more than 100 flood-prone areas in Metro Manila
- This is to help the public prepare for the incoming rainy season
- MMDA Chairman Carlos said the bureau is ready with flood prevention and control initiatives in place
In an extensive list, Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) identified more than 100 flood-prone areas in Metro Manila.
“The information that we are telling the public is more of a precaution because you can always plan in advance so that when rainy season comes, youcan take alternate routes because you were informed of flood prone areas,” said MMDA Chairman Emerson Carlos in an interview with Bandila, as per an article published by ABS CBN News.
- Central: Blumentritt, Dimasalang Ave., Maceda St., Piy Margal St. Dapitan St. (Cristobal St. to Maceda St., A.H. Lacson St. to Andalucia St.), Laong Laan St., Andalucia St., España Blvd., Rizal Ave., C.M. Recto Ave., Legarda St., Quezon Blvd., Ramon Magsaysay Blvd., V. Mapa St.
- North: Rizal Ave. Pampanga – Cavite St. (Southbound), Rizal Ave Cor. R. Papa (EST. MAYPAJO), Tayuman (Rizal Ave. Ipil St., Almeda – A. Rivera St.) Abad Santos Cor. Cavite St. (Northbound), Moriones Sevilla – Juan Luna St., H. Lopez Blvd. Fronting Tondo Medical Hospital, R-10 Corner Jacinto St.
- South: Around City Hall and vicinity, Taft Ave., T.M. Kalaw St., P.Gil St., Around Paco Park, Pasig Line Cor. A. Francisco St., San Andres, Leon Guinto, Syquia St., Lagusnilad Underpass, Jones Bridge Underpass, Quirino Ave., Ayala Blvd., UN Ave., MLLE Magallanes
- Rosario-Cainta Road, Imelda Ave., Amang Rodriguez Ave., C-5 E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave, Ortigas Ave. Fronting De Castro Subd.
- Gov. Pascual Ave. (LTO, Catmon, Maria Clara), Sanciangco St., M.H. Del Pilar (Maysilo corner Yanga Bridge), Yanga St., Letre / P. Aquino Rd., Dagat-Dagatan Ave. Ext., C-4 Citi Square, General Luna, Women’s Club, J. P. Rizal Ave., Adante, Letre
- North Bay Blvd. (Agora)
- Buendia Ave. (Bautista-Washington), EDSA – PASONGTAMO Tunnel, EDSA – Ayala Tunnel, Pasong Tamo (Yague – J. P. Rizal, Magallanes Interchange, C5 – KALAYAAN, Pasong Tamo (Arnaiz – Don Bosco), SLEX under Sales Bridge
- EDSA – TAFT, TAFT – PROTACIO, Domestic Road Corner MIA Road, Roxas Blvd. (San Juan – Sta. Monica), Aurora Ave. – Corner Andrews, F. B. Harrison – EDSA, F.B. Harrison – Balagtas, Taft Avenue Extension Baclaran, Roxas Blvd. fronting Madrigal, Andrews Avenue (Oval)
- Dist. I: Gen. Luis St. Cor. ITC Compound, Bagbaguin, Gen. Luis St. Cor. Silver Road, Kaybiga
- Dist. II: Samson Road from Gen. Pio Villanueva St. to Lapu-lapu St., Sangandaan, 10th Ave. from Roxas St. to Baltazar St., West Gracepark, Tulingan St. from Sabalo St. to Libis Talisay, Dagat-Dagatan, Dagat-Dagatan Ave. from Tanigue St. to Tulingan St., Dagat-Dagatan, 8th Ave. from 4th St. to 7th St., East Gracepark, 9th Ave. from 4th St. to 7th St., East Gracepark, 10th Ave. from 4th St. to 7th St., East Gracepark, 11th Ave. Ave. from 4th St. to 7th St., Gracepark, 4th St. from 8th Ave. to 11th Ave., East Gracepark, Boni Serrano Ave. from 8th Ave. to 11th Ave., East Gracepark, 6th St. from 8th Ave. to 11th Ave., East Gracepark, 7th St. from 8th Ave. to 11th Ave., East Gracepark, J.P. Rizal from J.P. Rizal Ext. to San Miguel St., Maypajo
- Dist. I: Fermin Alcanar St. from Alcanar St. to Mansanas St., Wawang Polo, Bilog Road from Mansanas St. to Anonas St., Wawang Polo, Tagalag Road from Waling-Waling St. to Adelfa St., Tagalag, Coloong I from Geronimo St. to Dela Castillo St., Coloong, Coloong II from Marcos St, to San Diego St., Coloong, Juan Santiago St. from M.H. Del Pilar St. to end road, Malanday, T. Santiago St. Bet. Veinte Reales Creek to Caltex Gas Station, Linguan
- Dist. II: Macathur Highway from San Guillermo St. to Karuhatan Road, Karuhatan, Karuhatan Road from Macarthur Highway to Ilang-Ilang St., Karuhatan, Macarthur Highway from Marulas Creek to Tamaraw Hills St., Marulas, Gen. T. De Leon St., Bet. Angeles St. to De Guia St., Gen. T. De Leon
- Baclaran vicinity, Roxas Blvd. Quirino Ave., Sucat Rd. (from Olivarez to SM City Sucat), Sucat Interchange, East Service Rd.
Las Piñas City
- Quirino Ave. Cor. Diego Cera-Aldana, Alabang-Zapote Rd.
- Montillano Cor. Alabang Via Duct, National Rd.
- EDSA Cor. Connecticut, Ortigas Ave., EDSA – Shaw Blvd. Underpass, Shaw Blvd. Cor. Acacia Lane, Shaw Blvd. – J.Luna to JRU, Gen. Kalentong – Shaw Blvd. Maytunas Creek, Boni Ave. Cor. F. Ortigas St., Boni Ave. – Sto. Rosario to San Joaquin, F. Martinez Cor. Dela Paz St.
- C-5 Rd., East Service Rd., Pio Felipe, M.L. Quezon Ave. Cor. Roldan St.,
San Juan City
- F. Bluementritt Cor. Valenzuela St.
- M. Almeda St. Cor. Bagong Calzada
- Dist. I: EDSA Northbound, North Ave. Cor. EDSA, C-3 Cor. A. Bonifacio Ave., Araneta Ave.
- Dist. II: Quirino Highway, Tandang Sora Ave., Commonwealth Ave.
- Dist. III: P. Tuazon Cor. 18th and 20th Ave., EDSA – Aurora Blvd., Aurora Blvd. Cor. Harvard St., Katipunan Ave.
- Dist. IV: Anonas, Elliptical Rd., Mother Ignacia St., Timog Ave., E. Rodriguez, Araneta Ave., Quezon Ave., Kamuning Rd., Tomas Morato Cor. Sct. Lozano
According to Carlos, the bureau is ready for the upcoming rainy season; with flood control projects already in place, as disclosed in an Inquirer story.
“We believe that we are already prepared,” he said.