- Five attendees to the Closeup rave party died after they were found unconscious in separate areas of the concert grounds
- Alma Concepcion recounted what she saw at the Closeup rave party
- She reminded teens to never overestimate their bodies
MANILA, Philippines – The ‘Forever Summer’ party organized by Closeup and held on May 21, Saturday at the open parking area of SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City was supposed to be a night of fun and music, but it drastically turned into a nightmare after five attendees at the rave party were found unconscious and eventually died.
They were identified as Ariel Leal (22), Lance Garcia (36), Ken Migawa (18), Bianca Fontejon, and Eric Anthony Miller (33), an American citizen.
According to CNN Philippines, the initial findings of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) disclosed that Fontejon and Garcia died of massive heart attacks due to high blood pressure, kidney failure and dehydration; common indicators of drug overdose.
Former beauty-queen-turned-actress and licensed Interior Designer Alma Concepcion, who was, incidentally, at the rave party, shared in a Facebook post her recollection of an incident she witnessed at the event. Stating that it was her first time to attend an event of that kind, Concepcion went to the party with her son.
She wrote: “I saw the teenagers dancing, wearing shades, masks, chewing gums they came in prepared with all the props. Masks, inhalers, lights , shades, bandanna to cover face. They don’t look like first timers in taking ecstacy.
“There was this teenage group (same age range as my son’s )in front of us, that were obviously into something else. They danced for more than an hour, none of them holding any liquid. Obviously they weren’t on JUST alcohol. Their eyes were rolling, teeth grinding, & they were dancing non stop for the whole hour (or more than). No liquids.
The next thing she saw, as per her post, was a girl from that group suddenly collapsing, with her eyes open. Concepcion realized something was wrong, so she approached the group and told them to call the medics and saw the girl’s hands and legs stiffen. She hoped that the girl she saw was not the same girl who died in the same event.
Concepcion negated earlier reports that the drinks and food served were laced with drugs; saying they purchased their food and drinks in the event.
“We ate there, bought our drinks there and got from Johnny Walker booth.. We slept good without hangover. The food and drinks we had were all clean.”
She ended her post with condolences and a reminder for both parents and teens.
“RIP to those who died from last night.. never overestimate your bodies.. to parents with teenagers like me, let this serve as a lesson to all of us and our kids…”